Flight cancellations and rescheduling are normal parts of airline and airport operations around the world. They happen due to one or a variety of factors ranging from safety to economic to operational reasons. Because of the recent news and lockdown that the President declared, we had to reschedule and cancel a couple of flights we have coming up.
Today, I’ll be sharing with you ways on how you can get a refund for canceled or rescheduled flights with Cebu Pacific.
Who Can Get A Refund?
Before we proceed, I’d like to emphasize that NOT all flight bookings are refundable. If your ticket was purchased from a seat sale, there is a big chance that your fare is not refundable unless it is the airline itself that canceled or rescheduled the flight.
How to know if you’re qualified? Check the following:
- Flight cancellation, when Cebu Pacific cancels your flight.
- Flight rescheduling, when Cebu Pacific moves your flight with at least a 1-hour difference. If the difference is less than 1 hour, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Double payment, when you are charged twice for the same booking (with the same booking number).
- Duplicate booking, when you booked twice the same flight (with the same flight number, guests, and travel dates).
- Death of passengers.
- Some medical cases, but a valid medical certificate and other pertinent documents need to be submitted.
- Cases where refunds are mandated by local laws.
If your Cebu Pacific flight is canceled or rescheduled (with at least an hour difference), you will be presented with the following options:
- Rebook or reroute to an alternate airport up to 30 days from the original flight schedule without charges.
- Move to travel fund which can be used up to 90 days from the date of creation.
- Request for a full refund. The downside of this is that it can take a long time to receive it or reflect on your account.
If you decide to file a refund request, read on!
How to Request A Refund Online
There are two ways to go about it. You can either call Cebu Pacific Hotline (+632) 8702-0888 or do it through the portal.
1. Visit the Cebu Pacific website: www.cebupacificair.com. Click on MANAGE BOOKING.
2. Enter your flight details: booking code and last name of any passenger. If you have a GetGo account, you can also simply sign in.
3. On the dashboard, find the flight that you want a refund for. Click the MANAGE button next to it.
4. On the next page, you will find four icons. Choose REFUND TICKET.
Once done, you will see the status of your refund on the dashboard. Initially, it will display RECEIVED. But it can change over time.
If you paid using a credit card, the refunded amount will be credited back to your account.
If you paid via an offline channel (7 Eleven, Cebuana Lhuillier, etc), you might need to visit a Cebu Pacific ticketing office to receive the refund. You will be informed about it when you complete the request. Here’s the list of CEB’s ticket offices.