One of my go-to desserts and probably one of the easiest things to bake are brownies! There are multiple recipes for brownies out there but I always come back to the classic fudge brownies.
I’ve recently baked a small batch for me and the girlfriend and I figured, why not share my recipe online!
I hope you enjoy and do let me know if you’ve tried this recipe. I would highly appreciate it if you leave me a rating!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, 2 sticks (230 g)
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate baking bar, chopped and divided (260 g)
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar (300 g)
- ¾ cup brown sugar (165 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour (155 g)
- ⅓ cup dark cocoa powder (40 g)
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 150˚C
- Add the butter and 1 cup (175 g) of chocolate bars to a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1½ minutes, then let sit for 3 minutes before whisking together. If you don't have a microwave, prepare a double boiler instead.
- Add the granulated and brown sugars, vanilla, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Whisk in the eggs until fully combined.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the bowl and fold in with a spatula. Add the remaining chocolate bars and fold to incorporate.
- Line a 9-inch (23-cm) square baking pan with parchment paper and grease with nonstick spray. Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Add 1 minute for each toothpick test if you need to.
- Completely cool before serving.
- If you're doing a brownie ala mode, best to serve while hot. Top with scoops of vanilla ice cream.