Riri Woo by MAC Cosmetics is described as a “matte cool red (with a retro matte finish)” lipstick. It is a medium-dark red lipstick with strong cool undertones. According to MAC Cosmetics, RiRi Woo is inspired by Ruby Woo, but there is a very slight difference in terms of its undertone and overall finish.
- The retro-matte finish is just the type of finish that’s not too drying for my lips (even without a lip moisturizer) – although to some, this might be stiffer and drier so I suggest you use a lip brush to apply it.
- The medium-dark red shade matches my warm undertone skin perfectly!
- Great pigmentation even without using a lip pencil. One swipe and you’re good to go!
- Stays for about 4-5 hours on my lips.
- Rose gold packaging makes the product really classy.
- Limited edition.
- Hard to find in MAC counters here in Manila (had to purchase mine directly from the US).
- Bleeds over time – which is normal for a red lipstick. So make sure to seal it with a lip liner and a powder.
I love the fact that it’s very wearable – may it be during the day or night time. Although this lipstick has a cool undertone, this still matches my warm medium skin tone perfectly. To be honest, this is the only red shade that I own that matches my skin tone perfectly. I personally don’t own the Ruby Woo lipstick (yet) but I tried my friend’s and I absolutely did not like the finish (it makes my lips more chapped as it is even if I applied moisturizer beforehand).
Unfortunately, this product is no longer available in MAC’s website as well as MAC counters, however, you can still try your luck online (Ebay, or your trusted US makeup online seller).
DISCLAIMER: Product was purchased by my own money. Details posted above are from my own words and is 100% unbiased. For questions on how I conduct my reviews, please refer to my disclosure policy.