Since this quarter has started, the girlfriend and I started to lean towards a more healthy lifestyle. This includes switching to fresh and home cooked meals.
Today, I’m sharing a simple recipe of overnight oats that I’m continuously developing. Jek isn’t a fan of cinnamon nor peanut butter BUT she definitely enjoyed this one because the ingredients aren’t overpowering.
Health Benefits of Cinnamon
- Cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants
- It has anti-inflammatory properties which helps your body fight infections and repair tissue damage
- Cinnamon has been widely studied for its potential use in cancer prevention and treatment
- It can lower blood sugar levels, reduce heart disease risk factors, and has tons of other impressive health benefits
All ingredients used are inexpensive and are readily available in your nearest grocery store. Remember, being healthy doesn’t need to be expensive!
- 1 cup Almond Milk (or use anything that you prefer)
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 2 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Peach or Banana (or any fruit that you like) - to be used later as topping
- 2 tablespoons Mixed Nuts - to be used later as topping
- Prepare your mason jar or reusable plastic container. Add all ingredients and mix well.
- Place over lid and store in the refrigerator for at least an hour or leave overnight.
- When you're ready to eat, transfer to bowl or use the same container. Top with slices of fruits and nuts. Enjoy!