Hi everyone! It’s Review Monday and today I will be reviewing a local brand that sells palettes namely eyeshadow palettes, contour and highlighting powder palette, etc. As stated in my title, I will be reviewing not just their products but their company itself, Dollface Cosmetics. I would mainly be focusing on giving my honest thoughts on how it was packaged, etc.
Which started as an online shop, they have ventured out started to have a physical store here in Quezon City – Crossings The Ramp, Trinoma Mall – to be exact. I wasn’t able to take an actual picture since we were in a hurry as my daughter was already having tantrums because she’s hungry already.
So I got two (2) palettes, the Concealer and Color Correcting palette and Contouring/Highlighting palette.
CONTOURING AND HIGHLIGHTING PALETTE
– I like the fact that the box is made out of recycled materials. And knowing that I am half vegan and all for mother nature, I like their idea on how they box their palettes
– I find that the packaging of the palette itself is cheap and easy to break
– Like I said, it’s easy to break, so with a slight slip from the hand, I don’t think it will survive the fall
– It doesn’t have a mirror (I don’t know if it’s just me but I want all my palettes to have at least a small mirror)
– Notice how the plastic film isn’t neatly and straightly cut (YEAH, I’M OCD LIKE THAT). We had to look at around three (3) other palettes but they’re all the same.
PRODUCT CONSISTENCY (4/5):
– I’ve tried swiping off other products such as this palette (I’ll name one, the highlighting and contouring palette form Smashbox which costs a whooping Php2,500) and it’s almost close to the high-ends one. It feels really buttery (if you can say that) when you apply it onto the face.
– For a product that costs Php550.00 (approx. $12.79), I think it’s not that bad considering that the product itself is okay. However, I wish they’d improve MORE on the packaging. I don’t know if you guys aren’t OCD as I am but I like my palettes to look pretty on the outside, too!
CONCEALER AND COLOR CORRECTING PALETTE
– For a product that costs Php900.00 (approx. $20), I think it’s a bit expensive considering that the package alone looks cheap. The product isn’t comparable to high-end ones so I think if I’d have the option of purchasing other brands, I think I wouldn’t go for Dollface’s product.
Since I didn’t have much options to look and scout for more brands offering items like these, I settled for Dollface Cosmetics, thinking that they have a couple of good reviews. You never really know what to expect until you yourself experienced it. If ever I get the chance to find another brand offering items like these, I’d go for that brand and not this one. I think this would be “the second option” brand that I’ll be going for if ever I hit pan.
I also want to make a review on the service of the assigned sales lady on their “booth.” It took a good 10 minutes before I got assisted, considering that they’re not doing anything and that I’m the only person/customer inside the store, I think they have to improve more when it comes to customer satisfaction.
Dollface Cosmetics did not pay me to conduct this review. Some of you guys know how straight-forward and honest I am, so everything that I just said is 101% true. I used my own money to purchase these items.