It’s that time of the year again where everybody’s off to beautiful beaches to spend Holy Week or have a Summer getaway with the family. In just a couple of months, we’ll be off to show our beautiful curves by wearing swimsuits. I’ve been on the lookout for new pairs of swimwears since we will be going on a Summer getaway on my birthday this April.
I stumbled upon an old post from Oprah.com and here are some tips that I’ve gathered from their website:
1. If your skin is on the lighter end of the spectrum, you would look good in mild earth colors like mocha or chocolate, which are less stark than black. You would also look lovely in pastel colors. For those who have already worked up a beautiful tan, you can explore bold statement colors and juicier shades.
2. If you’re someone who has wide shoulders, you might like to try mixing a darker top with a brighter or more colorful bottom. Find a top whose straps fall on the outside of your shoulders and form a V-neck.
3. Busty ladies should choose a suit with support—either a bra-shaped or halter top with underwire. Just like ladies gifted with wide shoulders, you’d look divine with a darker color on top and a brighter color or print on the bottom. Have fun and look for designs with fabulous embellishments at the lower half, as this will help create a balance with your bust line.
4. However, if you have a smaller bust, take a cue from supermodels by daring to rock skimpy tops, ideally with prints or embellishments like ruffles or beading. Halter or bandeau tops would look sexy on you and enhance your natural bust line.
5. Look for swimsuits with high-cut legs and avoid boy-cut shorts if you’ve got shorter legs or torso. Ditto for those who have flatter rear areas. Instead, look for pieces that will really flaunt your silky-smooth legs!
6. If you are gifted like J.Lo with a more than the adequate rear, choose a suit with lower-cut legs, boy shorts or a smooth A-line skirt, and avoid a high-cut bottom.
7. For those with a longer torso, you would do well to pick tankinis or a one-piece with an empire waistline. But if you really want to rock a two-piece, try to minimize the distance between your top and bottom. Mix and match a shorter tankini with a high-waisted bottom.
8. If your waist is not well-defined, choose suits that will create the sexy illusion. Empire waists or low cut bikinis will further hide your curves, so find swimsuits that have belt-like detailing that contrast with the rest of your piece.
9. For women who are not too confident about their midsection, a fashionable high-waisted bikini or a one-piece will pull your stomach in much better than a low-rise bikini!
10. Save yourself from the dreaded muffin top with a suit that doesn’t cut straight across the lower back. There are a lot of suits out there right now that have interesting cut-outs, or choose a suit that comes up a little higher, closer to the waist.
I hope this post helped you a lot on your next swimwear shopping. I’ve been eying on the perfect swimwear and I hope I’d pass the standards of the fashion police!