I love poke bowls, who doesn’t?! They’re so easy to make and it’s perfect if you’re meal prepping like us! I was first introduced to this fish salad concept in La Union a few years back. Freshly caught seafood, similar to the ones found in sushi restaurants is marinated in a soy and vinegar-based sauce, then tossed with lots of other yummy ingredients to add some heat or spice.
This coming Holy Week, I’d love to share an easy-to-make homemade tuna poke bowls that you can prepare for your family. This recipe is loaded with healthy brown rice, salad, vegetables, and topped with seasoned tuna poke.
Tuna Poke Bowls
- 185 g San Miguel del Mar Tuna Chunks in Water equivalent to 1 can
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 cups brown or red rice cooked according to package direction
- 1 pc ripe mango diced
- 1 pc tomato diced
- 1 pc shallot chopped
- 1 tsp vinegar
- ¼ cup purple cabbage thinly sliced
- Heat tuna with teriyaki sauce. Set aside.
- For the salsa, mix together the mango, tomato, shallots, and vinegar.
- Fill 2 bowls with a cup each of rice. Top each with half a portion of tuna and salsa. Garnish with cabbage.
What are other easy-to-make tuna recipes you have? Have you also tried poke bowls? Let me know in the comments, I’d love to learn and try new dishes!